This notice explains what information we collect, when we collect it and how we use this. During the course of our activities, we will process personal data (which may be held on paper, electronically, or otherwise) about you and we recognise the need to treat it in an appropriate and lawful manner. The purpose of this notice is to make you aware of how we will handle your information.
Who am I?
Purshouse Properties Limited Trading as Hume & Co Estates, take the issue of security and data protection very seriously and strictly adhere to guidelines published in the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 which is applicable from the 25th May 2018, together with any domestic laws subsequently enacted.
We are notified as a Data Controller with the Office of the Information Commissioner under registration number ZA280320 and we are the data controller of any personal data that you provide to us.
Our Data Protection Officer is Gareth Purshouse. Any questions relating to this notice and our privacy practices should be sent to 16 Percy Street, Rotherham, South Yorkshire, S65 1ED; email@example.com ; 01709 382946
The General Data Protection Regulations are to safeguard your personally identifiable information or personal data. This privacy notice will be regularly reviewed and updated.
How we collect information from you and what information we collect
We collect information about you:
● From your application for accommodation via; email tenant enquiries, telephone enquiries, physical in office tenant application form enquiries.
We collect the following information about you:
● Tenant name, e-mail address, telephone number, Date of Birth, address (including any previous addresses), marital status, National Insurance Number, nationality, next of kin, name of university or college where you are studying (if applicable), the name of friends that you are staying with (if applicable),
● The name, addresses and contact details of references to include work, character or landlord references.
● Guarantor name, e-mail address, telephone number, Date of Birth, address (including any previous addresses), marital status, National Insurance Number, nationality, next of kin (if applicable);
● Property address; term, rent, deposit, utility and service responsibilities;
● The employment status of tenants and/or guarantors, address, contact details (including email, phone and fax numbers) of the employer/accountant, payroll numbers, wage slips, length of employment, salary information (including any regular overtime or commission), and any other income received;
● Bank account details of the tenant, including account number and sort code, copy or original bank statements and any hire purchase/loan agreements/credit cards or store cards that you have; and
● Any welfare benefits that you may be eligible for, or are currently on.
Why we need this information about you and how it will be used
We need your information and will use your information:
● to undertake and perform our obligations and duties to you in accordance with the terms of our contract with you;
● to enable us to supply you with the services and information which you have requested;
● to help you to manage your tenancy;
● to carry out due diligence on any prospective tenant, including whether there is any money judgements against them, or any history of bankruptcy or insolvency;
● to analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support and improve and develop our business and the services we offer;
● to contact you in order to send you details of any changes to our supplies which may affect you; and
● for all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations and business.
Sharing of Your Information
The information you provide to us will be treated as confidential and will be processed only by any third party, acting on our behalf, within the UK/EEA. We may disclose your information to other third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this notice or for purposes approved by you, including the following:
● If we enter into a joint venture with or merge with a business entity, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners;
● To carry out due diligence on you as a prospective tenant/ guarantor, including but not limited to the carrying out of affordability checks, due diligence checks and the obtaining of references from relevant parties, whose data you have provided;
● If you request so, your information shall be disclosed in order to determine if there are any money judgements against you, as the prospective tenant/guarantor, or to determine if they have a history of bankruptcy or insolvency;
● If you are unable to make payments under your tenancy, your information may be disclosed to any relevant party assisting in the recovery of this debt or the tracing of you as a tenant; and
● In the creation, renewal or termination of the tenancy, your information will be disclosed to the relevant local authority, tenancy deposit scheme administrator, service/utility provider, HelptheMove Limited as a utility management portal, the freeholder, facilities manager or any other relevant person or organisation in connection with this.
● Hume & Co Estates staff members, Landlord, Website Host, email provider, Cloud Storage Provider, Property Management Software, Self-Employed Contractors and Independent Property Repair or Service Businesses for the purpose of carrying our repairs, renovations or services.
Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
Transfers outside the UK and Europe
We may transfer your information outside the UK and/or EEA: where it is stored on secure, encrypted online servers by Dropbox International Unlimited Company in data centres across the United States.
Where information is transferred outside the UK or EEA, we ensure that there are adequate safeguards in place to protect your information in accordance with this notice with an organisation operating under the General Data Protection Regulations.
When you give us information we take steps to make sure that your personal information is kept secure and safe in physical and online formats, in order to adhere to Hume & Co Estates Data Protection Policy. Available on request.
How long we will keep your information
We review our data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as required by law (for example, tax information is required to be held for up to 6 years or legal purposes), or as set out in any relevant contract we have with you. What information can be anonymized will be when no longer required for either contractual fulfilment or a legitimate interest. If the lawful basis for processing your data was consent then you may withdraw consent at any time. Where we have met you face to face or transacted with you in some other way, we will hold your data for a longer period of time compared to if you have only enquired or our service and we have been unable to help you.
You have the right at any time to:
● You have a right of access to check your personal data to verify the lawful basis of processing. We are obliged to respond to an access request within 30 days and may not charge a fee unless the request in unfounded, excessive or repetitive. If a fee is charged it is to be a reasonable fee based upon the administrative cost of providing the information.
● You have a right to rectification if the data we hold is either inaccurate or incomplete. If your data has been disclosed to third parties then we must inform them of the rectification, where possible.
● You have a right to erasure of your data when consent is our basis of processing (the right to be forgotten). You may request that your personal data be erased, for example, where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing or where you withdraw consent. We will comply with your request unless we have another basis of processing justifying our retaining the data (for example a legal requirement or the defence of a legal claim).
● object to receiving any marketing communications from us and to the further processing of your personal data.
Withdrawal of Consent
Where the lawful basis for processing is your consent, you may withdraw consent at any time to by writing to, Gareth Purshouse, Hume & Co Estates at 16 Percy Street, Rotherham, South Yorkshire, S65 1ED or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you wish to raise a complaint about the use of your information, we would ask that you contact us to resolve this matter in the first instance. You also have the right to lodge a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office in relation to our use of your information. The Information Commissioner’s contact details are noted below:
Information Commissioner's Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane
Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
The accuracy of your information is important to us - please help us keep our records updated by informing us of any changes to your email address and other contact details.
Hume & Co Estates Complaints Procedure
ICO Registration Certificate